What is it:
Contextual advertising links your advertising message to the content of the respective website where it appears. In this way you can be near the users who are interested in similar to your product. Take the opportunity to remind them of yourself, while your competitors present their products or while your customers make a purchasing decision.
Contextual advertising is one of the targeting methods, which is actively used today. Usually, this type of service is offered by advertising networks.
To be among the right users.
Contextual advertising is a preferred choice, when you have a close profiled audience, for example B2B campaigns, and / or when it is necessary to impose a certain product. The range of the audience in this case is smaller than other types of advertising. However, you reach the people, who are interested in your product or service.
In order to implement a good ad campaign with contextual advertising is necessary to clarify for yourself the words that are important for your message and characterize your product or service. Once you provided several similar words, using our software and / or the software of the respective advertising network, we will be able to offer you an effective list of words and phrases, for the software to search for in the content of the websites, in order to broadcast your message there.
The Digital Marketing Group uses a variety of software products to plan and manage your campaigns with contextual targeting. This way, in combination with our experience, we ensure maximum accurate (precise) targeting of your advertising messages.
Targeting in this type of advertising is done on the basis of the context of the content of the website. This way an ad for motor oil, for example, will be broadcasted in articles with automotive context. So, you reach your audience in exact moment she needs you.
Usually, contextual targeting comes from various advertising networks. For first-class (premium) websites isn’t common practice to offer this type of advertising, although some of them develop more non-standard forms of contextual ads display.
Our experts with software help and based on many years of experience will be able to deliver the optimum mix for the needs of your more accurate (precise) targeting.
What devices does it work for: computers, tablets, mobile devices.
Advertising formats in contextual ads are banners, text and video. The publishers of different websites choose which option to be displayed on their websites.
Most advertisers prefer banner ads in standard formats. As such are accepted sizes 300×250, 729×90. Recently are imposed and larger formats such as 300×600.
Choosing the right advertising format is one of the most important steps in the process of Internet campaigns implementation. We, at Digital Marketing Group, are familiar with the capabilities of the individual websites and can offer you the most suitable options for the display of your advertising message.
What price models are used: CPM, CPV, CPC, CPA
In most cases, banner ads on first-class (premium) websites are purchased based on a price per 1000 impressions (CPM) or per click (CPC).
In the coming years, the model CPV is going to be become dominant.
In Bulgaria the CPA price model is not a common practice, but in a few years is expected to appear in the model of contextual ads as well.
This type of advertising is with relatively low value and can be used successfully as part of the media mix of the closer profiled ads, for example, for sporting goods, construction materials, etc.
Where your ad is positioned:
Your ad is placed in secondary positions on first-class (premium) websites or on websites with less traffic. The part of the advertising networks which are offering contextual advertising, don’t have the ability to accurately (precisely) select websites, where to display the banners. In this case, the so called blind networks are used where you have no control over, where and how your ad is displayed.
How your ad is measured:
There are different methods to measure the effectiveness in the Internet environment. The publishers of websites often provide access to the statistical data of the individual ads. It is mandatory that the data, provided from them, contains information about the number of impressions, the made clicks and the ratio between them, the so called CTR.
Some publishing groups are working with more accurate (precise) software and provide exceptionally good reports about the implementation of the individual campaigns. These reports are sometimes about 50 pages long. Their use and careful examination enable the improvement of your business offer for the next campaign.
If you want an independent from the publishers monitoring of the accountability of your ad, you can use independent agencies for Internet monitoring or the services of Google.
How it helps you grow your business
Contextual advertising can be an effective tool by the promotion of your business. It helps you by:
- Reminding of your company, products or service at a time when users are interested in them or the like;
- Increasing the company’s image and brand recognition by reaching the pre-targeted number of users who have an interest in your products / services;
- Increasing the confidence in the company, when the customer is looking for information about competitive products / services;
- Giving opportunities for selection and targeting of the right target groups, who your message should reach;
- Helping increase the sales of your goods or services;
- Giving an opportunity to manage the appearance of your company in the community;
- Optimizing the marketing expenses by providing multiple options for results accounting of the campaigns;
- Providing more free time for you and your team.
How we can be of use to you
The team of Digital Marketing Group offers working and effective solutions for management of your marketing and advertising budgets. Via our experience planning and implementation of campaigns with contextual advertising, we can assist you in various stages of the process.
» When developing an advertising strategy:
- To help you determine the goals of the campaign in a way that meets the needs of your business;
- To assist you by the market segmentation;
- To identify the users you want to reach;
- To assist by the campaign budgeting;
- To develop a working media mix in separate communications channels – online and offline;
- To help develop the visual concept of the campaign;
» When implementing the campaign:
- To develop an accurate (adequate) for your needs communication plan;
- To make a detailed media planning, in order to achieve the sated in the strategy advertising prices;
- To develop attractive visual messages that will attract the attention of your customers;
- To organize the campaign, the operational control over the implementation and the final monitoring;
» The campaign report:
- To assist you with ideas for the optimization of your future campaigns;
- To offer innovative solutions that will improve the development of your business.
Because our business is to help your business